June 14, 2023: Hamilton, Bermuda:
As part of the next steps for Bermuda’s Integrated Resource Plan (“IRP”), the Regulatory Authority (“the RA”), is exploring new sources of clean energy in the form of an offshore wind farm and is inviting the public to hear about the preliminary results prior to making a decision.
DATE: Wednesday, June 28, 2023
TIME: 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Penno’s Wharf
Nigel Burgess, Acting Chief Executive at the RA said; “The RA, the Department of Environment and Natural Resources and Bermuda Ocean Prosperity Programme are pleased to present our research on offshore wind farms. The town hall meeting is an opportunity for the public to learn first-hand about the potential and possibilities that lie ahead BEFORE any decisions are made”.
The presentation will give the public the opportunity to:
- Gain insights into Bermuda’s renewable energy future;
- Understand the environmental impact and mitigation measures;
- Share opinions, concerns, and ideas;
- Engage in meaningful discussions with experts and stakeholders;
- Help shape the direction of Bermuda’s sustainable energy strategy.
Whether you are a resident, business owner, or simply interested in renewable energy, your input is vital. Help shape the direction of Bermuda’s sustainable energy strategy. Join us!
Prior to attending the meeting, interested parties are encouraged to:
- Complete the registration form
- Download and read the documents on our Offshore Wind Farm landing page, and send any questions that you would like answered at the bottom of the registration form before June 26, 2023.
For further information contact email@example.com.