Effective date: July 4, 2018
The Regulatory Authority (the “RA”) operates the www.ra.bm website (the “Website”).
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide the Website to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using the Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Usage Date
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Use of Data
The RA uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Website
- To notify you about changes to the Website
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website when you choose to do so, including submission of responses to public consultations
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Website
- To monitor the usage of the Website
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Bermuda and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Bermuda and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
The RA may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of the Authority
- To comply with the regulatory functions of the Authority
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Website or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate the Website (“Service Providers”), to provide the Website on our behalf, to perform Website-related services or to assist us in analyzing how the Website is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links to Other Sites
The RA has no control over and assumes no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.